Thursday, December 2, 2010

stockings & a baby tree

FINALLY!!!! December is here! I love everything about the Christmas season - the trees, the decorations, the feeling of coziness & family, the presents, and the real reason we celebrate Christmas, my Lord and Saviour coming to earth!
The Christmas season seems to bring a lot of crafts for me, a few years ago, I made a set of polymer clay nativity scene (which I will have to show you soon). And this year I made these two stockings for our beloved dogs:

We already had the tiny little stockings so all I had to do was cut out the letters and
sew them on!



I got a little bored of the blanket stitch after doing 'Jack' so I decided to spice it up a little and just did a really simple straight stitch for Abi's name.
I guess this is a good time to explain who Abi is! She is our other dog, another Pomeranian! She is the sweetest dog you will ever meet! She doesn't have a mean bone in her body (unless you accidentally step on her tail, then you had better watch out!) She is a little diva and usually....no, ALWAYS gets her way! But we love her to death, and especially because she is soo patient with Jack! =)


I hope that you have had a wonderful day! I know I did! We decorated the whole house last night so I was surrounded by the awesome reminder of Christ coming to earth, and that is the greatest gift we will ever receive!

Here is my mini tree! I love these things...they are so adorable! I just stuck with a color theme instead of just sticking every single ornament I had onto it, but it looks a little sad, so I may have to put a few more on, or add a ribbon or something!! (I'll keep you posted :)
I'm glad it's finally December! Christmas is only 23 days away, and now I can officially listen to Christmas music (even though I already have been since the beginning of November!) Have you decorated yet?

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Thanks for all your help decorating B! And I would love to see that colorful polymer nativity posted here! I just love Jack & Abi's stockings! Now what can we put in there?