Wednesday, October 27, 2010

~rain reflections~

The rain has continued to pour for the last few days. Sometimes, it can be very dreary and melancholy when the sky is gray, but then I keep remembering the poem that I had to memorize in 10th grade {that I still remember....mostly} by W.L. Stidger:

I Saw God Wash The World

I saw God was the world last night

with His sweet showers on high;

And then when morning came

saw him hang it out to dry.

He washed each slender blade of grass

And every trembling tree

He flung his showers against the hills

And swept the rolling sea

The white rose is a deeper white;

The red, a richer red

Since God washed every fragrant face

And put them all to bed.

There's not a bird, there's not a bee

That wings along the way,

But is a cleaner bird and bee

Than it was yesterday.

I saw God wash the world last night;

Ah would he had washed me

As clean of all my dust and dirt

As that old white birch tree!

And this verse:

Psalms 147:7-8 Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God: Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.

The poem reminded me that I need to remain pure and that I need to confess my sins& seek forgiveness from a caring and merciful God. . We also need to praise the Lord for what he gives us, because he provides exactly what we need.

No comments: